20 May 2010

secret garden

I planted today! My dad built me a raised bed as a housewarming present. It's made from old recycled redwood planks that used to be the fence in the backyard. I planted everything from seed, so it will be a while before anything actually comes of it.

I planted:
  • Basil
  • Beets
  • Cantaloupe
  • Cilantro
  • Chives
  • Cucumber
  • Oregano
  • Spinach
  • Swiss Chard
  • Zucchini
I am waiting to plant some beans and lettuce. I also am going tomorrow to look for some yellow pear tomatoes and anything else that strikes my fancy. I probably don't have enough room to actually grow all of this, but we'll see how it goes!

I hope to document the process with photos along the way, but I don't have internet at my new house until at least Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment